The whatIf? tutorial files can be installed on your server account directly or indirectly. If you are able to access your account through your Windows Network Neighborhood or a Windows drive mapping and you are able to open a zip archive then follow the instructions for Direct Account Access; otherwise, follow the instructions for Indirect Account Access.
1. Use WinZip or a similar application to open the whatIf? tutorial archive whatIfTutorial.zip. This file is located in Tutorials folder of your whatIf? installation (e.g. C:\Program Files\whatif\Tutorials).
2. Extract the contents of the archive onto the $HOME directory of your server account. You should now see a folder called whatIfTutorial on your account.
3. If this is the first time you are installing the whatIf? tutorial on this account, you will need to install the whatIf? initialization files on your account. To do this, copy the files samm.init, tool.init and tool.links from the whatIfTutorial folder to the top of your account.
4. Finally you will need to edit the samm.init file to ensure that it is referencing the correct SAMM modelbase instead of “TutorialMB”. You can obtain the correct setting from your SAMM administrator.
1. Copy the whatIf? tutorial archive whatIfTutorial.tar and the installation script installWhatIfTutorial.csh to your server account with an ftp application. The files are located in the tutorials folder of your whatIf? installation (e.g. C:\Program Files\whatif\Documentation\Tutorials).
2. Log into your server account.
3. Run the installation script with the command csh installWhatIfTutorial.csh.
4. Finally you will need to edit the samm.init file (located at the top of your account) to ensure that it is referencing the correct SAMM modelbase instead of “TutorialMB”. You can obtain the correct setting from your SAMM administrator.
Once the whatIf? tutorial files have been installed, you should see the following folder structure under your $HOME directory:
The $HOME folder is the path name of the login directory for the server account being used. All files for this tutorial are stored in sub-folders under this directory. To find where the $HOME folder is:
1. Open the TOOL whatIf application (Start Menu > All Programs > whatIf > TOOL
2. In the Connect dialogue, enter the server name, port number, account, and account passord then click OK.
3. At the TOOL command prompt, type “where()” and press Enter to see the full path of the $HOME folder.